There are many options on the market to get rid of wrinkles, discoloration, and other skin concerns that come with aging, but knowing how to avoid them in the first place can help you delay those problems and keep your skin looking younger longer.
If you want to keep your beautiful, firm, and clear skin, here are 7 things you absolutely must avoid to prevent aging.
7 Things to Avoid at All Costs to Keep Your Skin Young
- Avoid going into the sun without a SPF of 30. Your sunscreen should be UVA and UVB approved and at least have an SPF of 30. Use it daily unless you never leave your house. Your sunscreen should also contain zinc oxide for optimal protection from those harmful rays.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to all exposed areas. Many of us remember to shield our faces from the sun, but the damage is done to any skin that is exposed. Instead, be sure to apply your sunscreen to all of your skin that may be affected by free radicals.
Use the general rule of thumb to avoid sun exposure between the hours of 11 AM and 2 PM when the sun is at its harshest, and wait at least 15 minutes after you apply before going out to face the day.
- Don’t use tanning beds! Overexposure to the cancer-causing radiation found in ultraviolet devices is dangerous. In fact, the International Agency for Research on Cancer has reported that tanning beds and other devices are in the highest cancer risk category of a carcinogenic.
- Give up those cigarettes! It’s an addiction, yes, but if you are seriously concerned about keeping your skin smooth, supple, and young, you must overcome it and put the cigarette down. The toxins that you are inhaling are staying in your skin, causing buildup that will slowly start to show. The muscles that you are using to smoke are also going to cause wrinkles.
If you don’t believe it can happen to you, find someone who has been smoking regularly all of their lives and check out their skin. Do you want to look like that? If not, you had better stop today!
- Don’t skimp on the moisturizer! As we get older, our skin automatically loses its elasticity and becomes rougher. The right moisturizer can delay these effects by keeping your skin hydrated and infused with collagen.
- Avoid the myth that anti-aging treatments are unhealthy. Technology has come up with some great innovations for skin care. Non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments are used to prevent and reduce signs of aging, keeping your skin looking young. For more information on how you can eliminate wrinkles and tighten your face and chest skin, contact experts like those at http://montanamedicalaesthetics.com/anti-aging-treatment/.
- Don’t keep your makeup on when you go to bed. No matter how exhausted you are, you need to find the time to remove your makeup. Toxins and environmental buildup during the day can cause breakouts and other aging problems in your skin later if you do not remove them daily.
Keep Your Skin Young and Healthy
There is a saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This is true for your skin care, also. Taking a few minutes a day to develop a healthy skin care routine can save you from unhealthy, sagging, and aged skin later.