Ready to go shopping for your prom dress? Before you begin, take into consideration your body type. This allows you to flatter certain assets if you have a perfectly rounded backside or choose dresses that minimize certain areas. Follow these tips to help you embrace the booty you were born with and find dresses that show it off.
Tips for choosing dresses that flatter your backside
- Show off your perfectly rounded rear-end in a fitted prom dress, like a sexy Old Hollywood style one from Jovani. Picking a long dress in jersey allows the fabric to skirt your hips naturally, while studded embellishments, sequins, and an open back add to the sexiness of this option. For an even more flattering look, choose from a wide selection of colorful sexy prom dresses that will perfectly complement your skin tone.
- Try a one-shoulder or off the shoulder gown. These are cut horizontally across your bust line, which makes you look like have an hourglass figure, even if it’s not well defined. Different designers, including La Femme or Alyce carry these types of gowns with a single beaded strap, a fitted waistline, and a long draped skirt.
- Select a strapless A-line dress or ball gown for almost any body type. These especially work if you have a bigger bottom and you don’t want to show all of it off. These types of prom dresses hide part of it and flatter the curves you do want to show. Consider wearing dark colors like the classic little black dress or blues to complete this look.
- Choose shorter fit and flare prom dresses from the extensive collection at PeachesBoutique.com. These dresses are around 17′ from your natural waistline, hitting around mid-thigh. This gives your bottom a rounded look, hides any extra weight in your thighs, and makes your legs look extra long. Both Sherri Hill and Mori Lee Sticks and Stones feature short prom dresses with a fitted defined waistline and flared tulle skirt, as well as decorative bodices to complete the look.
Depending on how full the skirt is, some of these dresses may include a fitted waist and then just hugs the hips before becoming a long flowing skirt or it may be more of a princess type of ball gown. The choice is yours.
- Select the right fabrics. Certain ones like jersey add just the right amount of shape without being too bulky.
- Pick a dress with some ruching or ruffles in the back if you want to show off your behind. These will accent your curves in a subtle way.
- Wear thongs or seamless panties to create a smooth rear-end view, especially under clingy material, where you don’t want any panty lines showing.
- Wear high heels that have at least 2 inches. While some may be slightly uncomfortable, you’re constantly working your butt and leg muscles as you move which tones your butt all throughout the night, making you look even more fabulous.
While Prom is a big night in itself, shopping for dresses can be fun too as you try on so many different choices. Just remember to bring along your mom or your best friend for feedback as you decide on the one.